Life On Cars is a blog all about the buzz motoring gives you – whether it’s buying a car, driving one on a great road, or looking at one at the hundreds of shows across Britain.
I started it in 2009 as a way of carrying on writing about cars after I’d moved from the North Wales Daily Post to The Champion newspaper in Southport, but it didn’t take long before what started as a blog turned into a weekly newspaper column. It’s been a regular fixture ever since, giving more than 150,000 people across the North West their weekly fix of petrolhead news and analysis.
What’s it all about? Being addicted to cars, particularly classic ones and the events they appear at – typically I go to more than 50 shows, ranging from pub meets to Techno Classica Essen and the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, every year. I also live and breathe the classic car dream, and currently own an MGB GT and Mazda MX-5.
Life On Cars isn’t just about being entertaining, it’s also about being authoritative.
This is what I’m up to when I’m not at car shows:
- I’m currently the Editor at Classic Car Weekly, having previously been its Features Editor, News Editor and Staff Writer.
- Since 2009 I’ve written motoring news for The Champion series of newpapers in Sefton and West Lancashire.
- I’m also a contributor to Modern Classics – a great magazine if you love 1980s and 1990s cars – writing features and cars for sale articles.
- I contribute to Classic Cars for Sale – one of the UK’s biggest websites for buying and selling classic and vintage cars.
- In the past I’ve written motoring articles for the Daily Post newspaper in North Wales, motoring features and road tests for GR8Life as well as brochures and publicity material for the Ormskirk MotorFest.
Whether you live in Sefton, West Lancashire or further afield Life On Cars is all about being your petrolhead companion to the greatest cars and the latest shows.